Fisch und Wirbellosenforum

itself in the chase for the AFC’s fi

in Fische 30.10.2019 07:19
von elaine95 (gelöscht)

The head-spinning offenses NFL fans are enamored of and will watch in the Super Bowl in Atlanta share their explosiveness with the previous team to win the big game in the ATL.The Greatest Show On Turf.Yes http://www.seahawksauthorizedshops.com/authentic-marquise-blair-jersey , at the turn of the century, there was a group that shared so many light-em-up traits with these Rams and Patriots. The St. Louis Rams under of all people, Dick Vermeil — for decades a defense-minded coach —employed a quick-strike scheme with a resourceful quarterback, game-breaking receivers, a Hall of Fame running back and an offensive line that could dominate while blocking in the ground game or protecting the passer.Most of all, that team starring Marshall Faulk, Kurt Warner, Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt and a group of lesser knowns embraced the attitude of attacking a defense from the first snap until the last.They weren’t as workmanlike as the Patriots can be, and they didn’t have a rising star overseeing it such as Sean McVay with the current Rams. What the 1999 Rams brought to the Super Bowl in early 2000 was a killer instinct when they had the ball that both of the teams who will meet on Feb. 3 also possess — though not as spectacularly.“That team and that era, football kind of saw everyone with a mindset of 3 yards and a cloud of dust in December and January, and you had to be able to run the football to win was kind of the mantra,” says Warner, who entered the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2017. “We were one of the first to show you can win throwing first. I guess that is all relative with such an extremely talented team because Marshall ran for almost 1 T.J. Hockenson Jersey ,400 yards.“But if you think about it, we sort of started to usher in the new age, and fantasy football, and the fan bases of not just die-hards. I think it became a new era of what the NFL would be about and what people would be seeing. That led to where we are at: people love offense and love to see scoring. Even a lot of the rules are kind of catered to allowing a little more freedom to do that.”The freedom is so, well, free that this year, the NFL set records for touchdowns with 1,371, beating the previous mark in 2013 by 33; and was second to 2013 in points with 11,952.Three teams — the Chiefs (35.3, the Rams (32.9) and the Saints (31.5) — averaged at least 30 points per game. Kansas City scored 565 points, third most in NFL history.When the St. Louis Rams were partying like it was 1999, they scored 526 points; ranked first in yards, yards passing Jahlani Tavai Jersey , and TD passes; and were second in yards rushing per attempt. Faulk rushed for 1,381 yards and seven touchdowns, caught 87 balls for 1,087 yards, with five more TDs, and was the NFL Offensive Player of the Year for the first of three straight seasons.All Warner did was win the first of his two league MVP honors. Previously an obscure backup whose best work had come in Arena Football, Warner stepped in when starter Trent Green tore up his knee in the preseason. His rise to prominence wasn’t exactly projected at that point.“In college at Northern Iowa, we played a wide-open offense a lot, which played into my skillset,” Warner says. “When I played Arena Football, we scored 60 to 70 points a game. So my mindset in the NFL was not we are going to score 25 or 30 points, but every time we touch the ball we are supposed to score. Why do we have to punt? If we punt, what are we doing wrong?”That philosophy certainly contradicted Vermeil’s previous approach. To his everlasting credit, though Will Harris Jersey , Vermeil recognized what he had on offense. And he also went 5-11, then 4-12 in his previous two years in charge in St. Louis. So winning immediately was a priority for the veteran coach to keep his job.So he turned loose coordinator Mike Martz and the rest of the offense.“The talent might have been a bit unrefined, but it was there,” Vermeil has said. “It was our belief we could be productive on offense, but does anyone really expect to be that productive? I am not sure of that.”Well, Warner did.“I never really saw the game a whole lot differently,” he says. “I was so used to going on offense and throw the ball and score and throw some more and score. It kind of led right into what we did with the Rams and what we accomplished.”What they accomplished was the forerunner of what we see now week in and week out in the NFL. You know, 5,000-yard passers, 50-TD QBs, and the kind of numbers that thrill fantasy players everywhere.“We had success early, and any time you want to change something …what do you do if you do not have success right away? That success allows you that ability to keep going, to say, ‘Let’s see how sustainable this can be.'”It’s lasted nearly two decades Austin Bryant Jersey , with no signs of abating. NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Titans‘ trust in their young receivers may be starting to pay off.Corey Davis, the fifth overall pick in the 2017 draft, is leading the Titans with 744 yards receiving and could become the franchise’s first 1,000-yard receiver since 2013. Tajae Sharpe notched his first 100-yard receiving performance in October, and Taywan Taylor became the third to post a new career high with 104 yards receiving in the Titans’ comeback win against the Jets.It’s a confident trio that’s becoming more comfortable with each week.“We know what type of players we are,” Taylor said Tuesday. “We know what we bring to the table, all of us, my brothers in the receiving room and everybody on this team. We know what type of players we are, and … when we trust our training and everybody executes, good things can happen.”The Titans signed only veteran Michael Campanaro during the offseason and didn’t replace him when he was placed on injured reserve. They signed young tight ends in Anthony Firkser and MyCole Pruitt after three-time Pro Bowler Delanie Walker broke his right ankle in the opener. Since then, they’ve leaned on Davis, Sharpe and Taylor along with Darius Jennings and Cameron Batson.Mix in a new offense with a first-year play-caller in coordinator Matt LaFleur, and the Titans have had plenty of growing pains. It didn’t help when Taylor Rashan Gary Jersey , their speed threat, missed three games with an injured left foot. Taylor was drafted in the third round out of Western Kentucky last year.Marcus Mariota overthrew Taylor on the first play of the fourth quarter against the Jets. He went back to Taylor for a 44-yarder and then a 55-yarder t o set up a pair of field goals in their big comeback.“It was good to see Taywan be able to stretch the defense and go make a play,” coach Mike Vrabel said. “I know Marcus would like to have the one back, but to be able to hit two of those to change field position and momentum, certainly, we would like to have as many of those every week as we could.”The Titans (6-6) need the young receivers to produce for an offense that ranks 29th in the NFL, managing just 197.5 yards passing per game. It won’t be easy Thursday night when they host the Jaguars (4-8) and a secondary featuring Jalen Ramsey and A.J. Bouye in a game Tennessee needs to win to keep itself in the chase for the AFC’s final wild-card slot.This franchise hasn’t had a receiver post back-to-back 100-yard receiving games since Nate Washington did it in September 2013.Mariota sees the Titans’ comfort level growing weekly as they become more efficient. Getting Taylor back should ease the defensive focus on Davis, who had 161 yards receiving in the Titans’ overtime win over Philadelphia in September and 125 yards against the Patriots in November.Now the key for Mariota and his receivers is continuing to show progress as the Titans chase a second straight playoff berth.“We’ve just got to continue working at it,” Mariota said. “It’s a process, but I think it’s something to build off of and something that we can use moving forward.”NOTES: Sharpe (ankle) and CB Malcolm Butler (quadriceps muscle) were limited in practice Tuesday. Mariota (right hand) practiced fully. … The Titans signed RB Dalyn Dawkins to their practice squad after waiving him from the active roster Monday.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: MamiNini
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1303 Themen und 2183 Beiträge.