Fisch und Wirbellosenforum

outside their stadium.“We have great res

in Fische 18.09.2019 08:45
von elaine95 (gelöscht)

After last week’s total dismantling of the Miami Dolphins Tyler Ervin Jersey , everything seems like it’s looking up for the Houston Texans these days. Well, other than the ever-increasing number of key players put on injured reserve, including Will Fuller V. But let’s bask in the joy of Deshaun Watson throwing more touchdowns than incompletions, the offensive line actually looking like a professional unit, and a defense that got after the other team like there was a fire under their feet. Am I the only that noticed the extra bit of attack the defensive front seven brought when Brock Osweiler was on the field? Thankfully, we could once again count on him to throw a fumble, even if the borderline amateur-hour officiating crew sided with the Dolphins on that one. Don’t get me started on the DeAndre Hopkins Catch-Of-The-Year the refs wrongly called an incompletion. With today’s trade deadline looming, let’s pull our collective head out of the clouds and look to the future. By position group, here’s a summary of where we stand:Quarterback: We’re good. REAL good. Possibly the best ever in franchise history. Running Back: Ummm鈥?pass. Literally, throw the ball. Lamar Miller is finally being used properly, but are we sure we can count on O’Brien to avoid his old ways of ramming Miller into the A-Gap over and over again? Plus Benardrick McKinney Jersey , recovering from an injury like the one D’Onta Foreman suffered comes with no guarantees he’ll ever be more than below average once he gets back on the field.Wide Receiver: It could be argued that DeAndre Hopkins, Keke Coutee, Vyncint Smith and Sammy Coates might do in a pinch if the tight end corps is finally becoming a part of the B’OB offense. But having Fuller to take the top off the defense certainly made D-Hop’s days easier. Maybe they quickly elevate newly inked practice squader Steven Mitchell? Tight End: This is arguably the strongest TE corps since the Gary Kubiak heyday and has the potential to be the best ever. More on that in a bit. Offensive Line: It is what it is. Defensive Line: Talk about strength upon strength.Any unit with J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney is just that. Linebackers: Somewhere Brian Cushing is wishing he could still get after Alfred Blue in practice. Meanwhile, the current corps of linebackers is coming along nicely. Cornerbacks: This is where the rubber currently leaves the road defensively. With Aaron Colvin out, Kevin Johnson out, Johnathan Joseph hurt, and Kareem Jackson moved back in (yet definitely playing well), the Texans really need some cornerback help. Safety: Like the tight end group, this isn’t normally a place of roster strength for Houston, but with players like Tyrann Mathieu, Justin Reid and the now healthy Andre Hal holding down the fort Bradley Roby Jersey , this is shaping up to the be the best safety group the Texans have ever had. Where does that leave the Houston Texans?Looking over this roster, it might be easy to get caught up in the trade hype of today’s deadline. Rumors are swirling that other teams are trying to pry Jadeveon Clowney away.Other rumors are floating that H-Town is trying to secure the services of Demaryius Thomas from the Broncos and/or DeSean Jackson from the Buccaneers. Fans are speculating about the hope that Ryan Griffin and Alfred Blue find their way to new locales as part of a package in exchange for one of those wideouts or a cornerback. Some people are tossing out the notion that Houston is in “win-now” mode and should leverage future draft picks to land needed players. Where the truck stops is that last sentence. Giving up future draft picks is what you do to land a guy like Deshaun Watson, not a guy like DeSean Jackson. Trading away the future for the present is what teams that are one or two pieces away from NFL domination do to get them over the hump. While this Texans squad is currently overachieving, which we all love, the idea that one or two players will guarantee the Lombardi Trophy comes home to Houston in February is flawed thinking. Now, giving up a third rounder for the likes of Patrick Peterson, or a second for Le’Veon Bell might make sense, but there’s limited upside for the other teams in those trade scenarios. At the end of the day, Houston is one year away from being in a position to trade the future for the present. That doesn’t mean dreaming about what might happen if Houston did land Bell or Peterson in a trade that included Ryan Griffin or a late round draft pick isn’t fun. Give us your thoughts on whether Houston should trade (and who/what for who/what) or if they should stand their ground and prepare to stockpile some great young talent in the 2019 NFL Draft. New GM Brian Gaine did really well last year with what he inherited from the guy who brought us Brock Osweiler; just imagine what he can do with three picks in the top 50. ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Vance Joseph says the Broncos and former Denver wide receiver Demaryius Thomas both need to just move on from their recent breakup.Thomas said in a radio interview Monday, a day after his successful homecoming in a 19-17 Texans win in Denver Tashaun Gipson Jersey , that he was misled by the Broncos about the possibility of a trade, was asked to surrender snaps to the team’s rookie receivers and was heartbroken over not being named a captain this year.Joseph said Wednesday he had “great respect for D.T.,” was “disappointed with how he recalls the conversations going,” and “we’ve got to move on.”“He’s got to move on. We’ve got to move on,” Joseph said. “He’s no longer a Bronco and I can’t spend any time worrying about that. But as far as reading that stuff, I’m disappointed it was presented that way, I really am.”Thomas aired his frustrations during an interview with former Broncos Rod Smith and Ray Crockett on Orange & Blue 760-AM in Denver, a Broncos broadcast partner.Thomas said the day before he was traded, Joseph told him the trade talk wasn’t true.“I said, ‘How is that not true? My agent called me today and said (general manager John) Elway wanted a fifth-round pick for me.’ So, are we telling stories to each other now? I thought we were going to be men about this Zach Fulton Jersey ,” Thomas said.In his first comments about Thomas’ criticisms, Joseph said, “I’m disappointed with how he recalls the conversations going.”“It was obviously a week and a half where the rumors and gossip were flowing, and we talked about the rumors and gossip — until something happened, we all had to focus on doing our jobs and winning football games,” Joseph said. “From my end, that was discussed.”Thomas also complained in the interview that he wasn’t named a captain this year, something he’d been three times before, and suggested there were some shenanigans in the vote counting: “I go to a meeting room and it’s like every player came to me and were like, ‘How are you not a captain? We picked you.’ … It was heartbreaking.”Free agent quarterback Case Keenum and longtime center Matt Paradis were named offensive captains this year, and Joseph said Thomas never conveyed his disappointment over his exclusion.“No Nick Martin Jersey , no. And our players vote for the captains,” Joseph said. “They vote for the guys they see fit, who they want to lead their football team. So, I’m not sure where that came from or who discussed that with D.T. But again, I have great respect for him. The players vote for the captains. They voted for who they thought were the best guys to lead their football team. And that’s it.”Thomas also said in his interview that new wide receivers coach Zach Azzanni told him he’d have to surrender playing time so the Broncos could give more snaps to rookie receivers Courtland Sutton and DaeSean Hamilton. He also said he was the only veteran receiver who was told this.Thomas added, “I don’t understand that because I’ve never cried about getting the ball. I didn’t get (upset) about nothing … it just hurt me. I’m emotional. I’m empty. I’m empty still.”Thomas caught three passes for 61 yards in the Texans’ win Sunday in Denver, where the Broncos honored their former receiver with a video tribute before the game and by putting a giant “Thank you” on the 10-story-high banner of Thomas outside their stadium.“We have great respect for D.T.,” Joseph said. “He was a great player here and we honored him on Sunday. We didn’t win the game; he won the game. I think it’s a little frustration on his part, but I’m disappointed in how it came out because I don’t recall it being discussed that way. And that’s OK. The last point: we’ve got to move on.”Notes: Paradis underwent surgery Wednesday to repair his right leg, which he broke Sunday. … The players were given a four-day furlough for their bye week after an indoor practice Wednesday.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: MamiNini
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1303 Themen und 2183 Beiträge.