Fisch und Wirbellosenforum

Harry How/Getty ImagesNobody will ever mistake Manny Machado

in Beckenvorstellung 22.04.2019 05:04
von zhangzk • 158 Beiträge

Pete Rose Chad Pinder Jersey , aka Charlie Hustle.And Machado is fine with that.The Los Angeles Dodgers star has drawn criticism for not giving 100 percent on every play, but he doesn't plan on changing his playing style, as he told The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal:"There's no excuse for it, honestly. I've never given excuses for not running. I'm not hurt, there's no excuse, but I've been the same player. ... I've been doing this for eight years, I'm in The Show for eight years, I've done the same thing for eight years, I've been the same player."Obviously I'm not going to change. I'm not the type of player that's going to be 'Johnny Hustle' and run down the line and slide to first base and ... you know, whatever can happen. That's just not my personality http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-khris-davis-jersey , that's not my cup of tea, that's not who I am."Machado drew scrutiny for failing to run out a ball hit deep in the hole during Game 2 of the National League Championship Series:The four-time All-Star told Rosenthal:"Should I have run on that pitch? Yeah ... but I didn't and I gotta pay the consequences for it. It does look bad. It looks terrible. I look back at the video and I'm like, 'Whoa, what was I doing?' You know, just the emotions of the game ... I'm the type of player that has stayed in the zone, I'm playing and I'm just in the zone."On 3-0, I'm trying to drive one out. I hit a 100 mph groundball (actually 76 mph) right into the shift, right to the shortstop. ... Before I even step out of the box, I look to the shortstop, he has the ball in his hands and I'm like Blake Treinen Jersey , 'I'm out.' ... I mean, what am I going to do?"Should I have given it a little more effort? One hundred percent. [It's] my fault like always. I mean, that's just my mentality when I'm in the game. [There are] things that you learn, things that you gotta change. I鈥檝e tried changing it for eight years and I still can't figure it out, but one of these days I will."Machado might be able to get away with that play during the fourth inning of a game in May, but with the spotlight on in October, every detail of a game gets put under the microscope. Especially when a little bit of hustle could be the difference between a hit and an out.Fortunately for Machado, the lack of hustle on that day didn't contribute to a loss. Los Angeles evened the series at 1-1 with a 4-3 victory in Game 2.Machado has been one of the Dodgers' top hitters this postseason. He has hit .286 with three home runs, two doubles and nine RBI in seven games. His .455 average in the NLCS ranks second on the team, and he owns one of the team's two home runs in the series.Taking it easy on a routine grounder could occasionally cost the team a baserunner Chris Hatcher Jersey , but it also reduces the risk of injury.Machado, who underwentleft knee surgeryin 2014, has played in at least 156 games in five of the past six seasons.The 26-year-old is expected to become among the highest-paid players in MLB history when he hits the free-agent market this winter. Some teams may want their superstar players to leave it all on the field, especially with the World Series on the line. However, Machado's bat and glove鈥攅specially at the hot corner鈥攁re valuable enough that any interested suitor can look past his lackadaisical effort. Former MLB pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka suffered an arm injury at a spring training fan event in Okinawa, Japan.According to the Associated Press (h/t ESPN.com), an "overzealous admirer" yanked on Matsuzaka's throwing arm, causing inflammation.Matsuzaka is a member of the Nippon Professional Baseball league's Chunichi Dragons after playing for the Boston Red Sox and New York Mets in the majors from 2007 through 2014.Dice-K arrived in the United States to plenty of fanfare in 2007 as Boston's prized signing. After going 15-12 with a 4.40 ERA as a rookie, he enjoyed his best season in 2008, as he finished fourth in the American League Cy Young Award voting with an 18-3 record and 2.90 ERA.Matsuzaka was never the same after that http://www.athleticsfanproshop.com/authentic-khris-davis-jersey , though, as he had an ERA of 4.42 or higher in each of the next five seasons. He also underwent Tommy John surgery in 2011, which marked the start of his arm injury issues.After posting a 3.89 ERA in 34 appearances (nine starts) with the Mets in 2014, he went back to Japan and signed with the NPB's Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks.Matsuzaka was a dominant pitcher in Japan for the Seibu Lions prior to making the leap to Major League Baseball, and he was twice named the MVP of the World Baseball Classic for Team Japan.Over three seasons, Matsuzaka made just one appearance for Fukuoka because of injuries, which led to his signing with Chunichi.Last season, Matsuzaka was named an All-Star and finished with a 6-4 record and 3.74 ERA en route to being named the NPB Comeback Player of the Year.Matsuzaka was expected to be a big part of the Dragons' success in 2019, but he has been told to cease throwing until the inflammation subsides.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: MamiNini
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1303 Themen und 2183 Beiträge.