Fisch und Wirbellosenforum

averaging more than 3 ½ per game w

in Fische 15.03.2019 07:15
von elaine95 (gelöscht)

Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara signed a contract that will take him through his 42nd birthday Adidas Jordan Schroeder Jersey , and he’s already anticipating the next one.”I believe, myself, that I’m going to be playing beyond this contract,” he said on Wednesday after agreeing to a one-year deal that will pay him at least $5 million.”No matter how long you want to continue to play, you have to perform. You have to back up your status,” he said. ”So I know I need to go out there every night and do my job, perform and play hard and work hard and be a great example for my teammates. (The) rest of it, it will fall into place.”A five-time All-Star who was the league’s best defenseman in 2009, Chara turned 41 this month but still leads the Bruins in time on ice with an average of 23 minutes per game. He has seven goals and 16 assists this season, his 20th in the NHL, and is the franchise’s third-leading scorer for a defenseman, behind Hall of Famers Ray Bourque and Bobby Orr.”He’s been a dominant player this year,” Bruins general manager Don Sweeney said. ”He takes all of the hard matchups still Adidas Chris Kunitz Jersey , doesn’t shy away from any situations and has embraced the role that he’s kind of emerged into. … He’s indicated that he wants to perform at a high, high level, he expects to perform at a high level, and he’s backed that up.”Chara was in the final year of a seven-year, $45 million contract that reportedly paid him $4 million this year. His new deal guarantees him $5 million but also has incentives that could pay him $1.75 million more.”I will not be surprised if we’re sitting here (again),” Sweeney said, ”because he’s indicated he wants to continue to play.”Sweeney conceded that Chara had leverage if he went to the free agent market. But the 6-foot-9 Bruins captain said he wanted to stay in Boston and help develop young players such as Charlie McAvoy, Jake DeBrusk and Anders Bjork.”I believe in this team,” Chara said. ”It’s very exciting to be a part of this team. I think this team has a chance, and that’s all you can ask for. The rest of it is up to us to do on the ice. So, yeah, that was my priority, to stay in Boston Adidas Brandon Manning Jersey , to be a Boston Bruin.”Sweeney said Chara’s influence isn’t just on the younger players.”It really is a ripple effect through our whole hockey club,” the GM said. ”Every player realizes the bar is set so high with a player that has accomplished as much as he has, yet he shows up every day. … At times, when we’re trying to get him off the ice, he wants to be on it more. So, I think the example for excellence starts with Zdeno.”Chara played in the Bruins’ first 68 games this season before an unspecified injury that has sidelined him since March 13. Boston has also played without Patrice Bergeron, David Backes, Rick Nash, Torey Krug, McAvoy and DeBrusk this month, but is just one point behind the Tampa Bay Lightning for the best record in the Eastern Conference heading into Thursday night’s matchup.”I’m so proud of the team, and what the guys have been able to do with so many guys being out of the lineup,” Chara said. ”Just a great indication that this team has a never-give-up attitude and willing to fight till the last whistle.”— Since becoming the Nashville Predators‘ coach before the 2014-15 season Adidas Cam Ward Jersey , Peter Laviolette has frequently sung the praises of forward Calle Jarnkrok, trumpeting his versatility and ability to play a 200-foot game.Never has Jarnkrok proven more valuable to Nashville than during Saturday night’s 5-3 win over the Los Angeles Kings. After tallying an even-strength goal in the second period, he tied the score with a power-play marker at 5:44 of the third period, then untied it with a shorthanded goal at 11:54.Not only was it the first hat trick of his career, it was just the second time in franchise history a player has scored an even-strength, power-play and shorthanded goal in the same game. It was also just the seventh time since 2013-14 it has happened in an NHL game.Article continues below ...Jarnkrok will try for an encore Monday night when the Predators entertain the Tampa Bay Lightning in a marquee matchup at Bridgestone Arena.“I thought he played terrific,” Laviolette said of Jarnkrok. “Forget about the goals, it was just the game in general. I thought he was really moving, he was competing, did an excellent job on his line and got a power-play opportunity. He certainly did a good job at that as well. The shorthanded goal is a real big goal.”Jarnkrok’s career night allowed Nashville (14-5-1) to snap a three-game losing streak and maintain its Central Division lead over Minnesota. The Predators also tied two other teams for the league lead with 14 victories.One of those teams is Tampa Bay (14-5-1), which went overtime Saturday to outlast Philadelphia 6-5. The Lightning blew a 5-1 lead with less than 10 minutes left in regulation, coughing up four goals in just over six minutes. But they emerged with two points as Anthony Cirelli notched his fourth goal 1:47 into the extra period.Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper was relieved to pick up the win, but called the performance one of the five worst by his team this year.“It was a weird game Adidas Matt Calvert Jersey ,” he said. “We’re up 5-1 and I don’t think the game felt like we were up 5-1. And it started getting physical there. It kind of gave the crowd a little bit of life. Then they started getting breaks they probably deserved. From a coach’s perspective, it’s probably not one you’re too happy with, but I’m sure the fans were pretty entertained.”The Lightning lead the league in goals, averaging more than 3 ½ per game with great depth up front. But the absence of goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy, who’s out for at least another month to six weeks with a broken foot, has left them vulnerable defensively.Former Arizona backup Louis Domingue is the team’s present starter. His 3.58 goals-against average and .889 save percentage will remind no one of Vasilevskiy, although Domingue did score an overtime win last year in Nashville.The Predators won the teams’ first meeting this year on Nov. 1, taking a 4-1 decision as Pekka Rinne came off injured reserve to save 42 shots. Rinne (7-2-1, 1.67, .943) is expected to start this one.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: MamiNini
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1303 Themen und 2183 Beiträge.