Fisch und Wirbellosenforum

Ravens’ John Harbaugh was encouraged by QB Lamar Jackson’s debu

in Beckenvorstellung 05.03.2019 03:04
von zhangzk • 158 Beiträge

The Baltimore Ravens won their first preseason game of the 2018 season 17-16 over the Chicago Bears. They are now 9-0 in their last nine preseason games Youth Za'Darius Smith Jersey , but perhaps the most significant win was the fact that Baltimore escaped this extra game without any new injuries. The biggest storyline heading into the Hall of Fame Game was the debut of rookie quarterback Lamar Jackson. It was a somewhat long wait for fans to get their first look at Jackson as he did not play his first snap until the second half. He was Baltimore’s quarterback for the entire second half, and as expected, it was an up and down performance from him. Jackson finished four-for-ten with 33 passing yards, one touchdown and one interception. He also added 25 rushing yards, including his longest run of 10 yards. Jackson had a couple of inaccurate throws, one of which was a miscommunication with Jaleel Scott that resulted in his lone interception. He also dealt with a struggling offensive line that failed to protect him on several occasions.Despite the inconsistent display from Jackson, Ravens head coach John Harbaugh was pleased with his rookie quarterback.“I don’t think assessing it right now without seeing the tape would be too fair. It’s hard. I don’t think he got a lot of protection all the time and it’s his first game out there.” Harbaugh stated via the team’s official website. “Everybody has these expectations that they are going to see fireworks and all. I think he ran it right — played well. The first task we that we gave him was to operate the offense. And he did. He got the plays called Womens Terrell Suggs Jersey , he got people lined up, he got snap counts off — that stuff gets taken for granted. We say ‘well you gotta go down the field and score points’ and all that and sure you do, but as a rookie quarterback out there for the first time handling the offense, I thought he did a very good job. That’s really what I asked him to do today, and he’ll build from that.”The biggest hurdle Jackson has had to climb thus far as he is making his transition to NFL has been calling the plays. At Louisville, he rarely did that, which makes this a new challenge for him. Jackson has seemingly improved in that area. He also needs to improve his decision-making Cheap Lamar Jackson Jersey , mechanics and footwork, which are all things that Jackson and quarterbacks coach James Urban have been evidently open about. “I said it I think before: compete and complete. I want [Lamar Jackson] to compete. Play the game. Then, I want completions. Find the ball, throw it to the open guy, and then when not, let your great natural ability take over,” quarterbacks coach James Urban stated during his press conference on Tuesday via the team’s official website. “Success would be improvement from Game 1 all the way through to Game 5 http://www.baltimoreravensteamauthentic.com/eric-weddle-jersey , and then we’ll have a better understanding of exactly where he is.”The Ravens are enjoying Friday off as they will return to the practice field on Saturday in preparation for their second preseason game against the Los Angeles Rams. Less than a year ago, the Tennessee Titans won a close contest against the Baltimore Ravens, 23-20. These have always been big AFC matchups with fairly close games. The last three have featured a result within two scores of each other.Now, the Ravens are ready to take on their opponent and get back on track after an ugly loss against the Cleveland Browns only a week ago.This is an important game for both teams. They’re both contesting for their respective AFC divisions, but if not, they’re battling for a Wild Card spot in the playoffs and both are sitting at 3-2 with tiebreaker implications if it comes down to the wire.As mentioned, the Ravens are coming off an ugly 12-9 loss. They couldn’t finish drives all afternoon and aired the ball out 56 times.Meanwhile Authentic Brandon Carr Jersey , the Titans lost a bad game against the Buffalo Bills 13-12 from a 46-yard game-winning field goal by Stephen Hauschka. Mariota only completed 129 yards of passing and their leading rusher was Derrick Henry with 56 yards. Both are ready to right the ship, but only one can come out on top.Social MediaAs always, I do ask for you to please follow and ‘like’ us on various social media outlets.Twitter: @BMoreBeatdownFacebook: Baltimore Beatdown: For Baltimore Ravens fansInstagram: baltimore_beatdownGO RAVENS!

zuletzt bearbeitet 05.03.2019 03:04 | nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: MamiNini
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1303 Themen und 2183 Beiträge.