Fisch und Wirbellosenforum

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are coming off an impressive 27-9 wire-to-wire win over the

in Beckenvorstellung 22.02.2019 09:05
von zhangzk • 158 Beiträge

San Francisco 49ers on Sunday at Raymond James Stadium. The team will remain home this weekend and host their division rival Carolina Panthers on Sunday. The Panthers won the first matchup of the season 42-28 back on November 4th.Outside of the horrendous defensive performance on defense that day for Tampa Bay White Bryan Anger Jersey , Mike Evans also had his worst game of the season matching up against James Bradberry. Evans finished that game with one reception for just 16 yards. It was certainly an uncharacteristic day for Evans and he spoke to the media today about Bradberry and what he needs to do different this Sunday. “Like I said, they game-planned really well. Even though they’re a one-high team, it felt like Eric Reid was just coming to me no matter what. And then [James] Bradberry was underneath just pressing that,” Evans said. “So I’ve got to be better, more physical, faster and stronger, and I think I will be this time around.”While Evans had a down game, he has been nothing short of fantastic this season for the Buccaneers. He is currently fifth in the league in receiving yards with 1,073 and up to this point is having his best statistical season in terms of yards. This past weekend he became only the third player in NFL history to reach 1,000 yards in his first five seasons, joining A.J. Green and Randy Moss. In terms of yards, this has been his best start to any season. Evans commented on the success he has had through the teams first 11 games. ”Statistically, yeah. Maybe not the touchdowns; I had double digits twice, I think. Those years I was getting easier ones on the goal line and in the red zone. This year I’ve got to score from further out because I get doubled a lot in the red zone. But I think this is my best year in terms of route-running and my ability to take the top off a defense.”Last week was the teams first complete game all season on both sides of the ball and it is something that has been stressed throughout the year Youth O. J. Howard Jersey , according to Evans.”Dirk always preaches on playing complementary football, and when the defense plays well it gives us confidence like, ‘Alright, we’ve got to hold up our end of the bargain.’ I think we did that last week and we’re looking forward to doing that again this week,” Evans said.Evans will look to bounce back against Bradburry and the Panthers this weekend and further push himself towards a pro bowl vote. There has been a lot of disappointment surrounding the Buccaneers in 2018. Their latest rookie class has been one of the driving forces behind that disappointment for much of the season. However, week 16 was the group’s best collective performance to date. Sure, that performance came in a 27-20 loss to the Cowboys and one week won’t erase the inconsistency of a whole season, but it was still encouraging nonetheless. Let’s get on with this week’s rookie recap.DT Vita VeaSunday was yet another step forward for Vita Vea, who has been one of Tampa Bay’s more consistent players over the last few weeks. In the Bucs’ latest loss, the first-rounder picked up three tackles (two solo) and a sack while playing 44 snaps (85 percent of the defense’s total). He nearly had two sacks on the day, but an unfortunate reach on one ended up in a facemask call. Regardless, Vea is definitely improving and showing signs of why the Bucs were so excited to select him with the No. 12 pick in the draft.The Washington product is up to 24 tackles and three sacks this season. After missing a considerable amount of time in the preseason and early in the season, he took a while to ease into the NFL game. In his first bit of action, the coaching staff held off on giving him a lot of snaps. But as the weeks have passed White Ryan Fitzpatrick Jersey , Vea has played more and more snaps and gotten better because of it. Combine the increasing experience with whatever was said in that meeting with general manager Jason Licht prior to the team’s game against the 49ers and you have a player that is coming into his own at the end of his first season in the league. Veteran Jason Pierre-Paul had this to say about Vea on Wednesday:CB Carlton DavisLast week, Vea was the only notable rookie in the Bucs’ loss to the Ravens. This week, he had others join him. Carlton Davis has been one of Tampa Bay’s more consistent rookies throughout the season. He had been less noticeable as of late, but he quietly put together a good game on Sunday in Dallas. He picked up two tackles (both solo) and forced a fumble (that the Bucs failed to recover). On top of the numbers, he held Amari Cooper to basically nothing. Cooper, who had been on fire since being traded from Oakland to Dallas, finished the day with four catches for 20 yards. Davis was tasked with covering him, and he more than held his own.Davis’ performance in 2018 has been largely overlooked, mostly due to the overall struggles of the defense. With Brent Grimes failing to live up to his past success in Tampa, Davis has been thrown into a No. 1 cornerback role at the age of 21. On Sunday, he played 52 snaps (100 percent). There have been ups and downs, but for the most part, the second-rounder has shown plenty of encouraging signs. Here is what interim defensive coordinator Mark Duffner had to say on Wednesday when asked about Davis’ future as a starter in the NFL:S Jordan WhiteheadSpeaking of overlooked performances throughout 2018, Jordan Whitehead falls under the same category. The fourth-rounder has put together a solid rookie year http://www.authenticstampabaybuccaneers.com/cheap-chandler-catanzaro-jersey , especially considering the position he has been thrown into. Tampa Bay’s secondary was already suspect heading into the year, but injuries have thinned it out even more. With Chris Conte going down with a season-ending injury early in the year and Justin Evans getting hurt more recently, Whitehead has had to step up. He still isn’t playing a ton of snaps, as he got 31 (60 percent) on Sunday. But in the snaps he is playing, the former Pitt Panther has grown week by week. In the loss to the Cowboys, he had a team-high seven tackles (all solo), with one going for a loss.Whitehead is Tampa Bay’s second-leading tackler this season with 73. Considering his status as a fourth-round pick, it feels like the safety has played well above his projected value this season. It should be interesting to see what he can do if (when) a new defensive staff comes along in the near future. It’s clear that there’s talent to work with, and Whitehead certainly plays hard.The best of the restSecond-rounder Ronald Jones II got zero offensive snaps on Sunday, but played 14 (52 percent) on special teams... Second-round corner M.J. Stewart also had 14 snaps (52 percent) on special teams, but he didn’t play on defense... Considering how ineffective the Bucs’ offensive line has been, it was good to see third-rounder Alex Cappa getting some looks. He played 28 snaps (35 percent) against the Cowboys. Of course, there have been mixed results for him during the little playing time he has gotten this season... Fifth-round receiver Justin Watson was inactive... Sixth-round linebacker Jack Cichy has been out since tearing his ACL in week seven... Undrafted free agent Shaun Wilson has been on injured reserve since mid-November with a shoulder issue.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: MamiNini
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1303 Themen und 2183 Beiträge.