Fisch und Wirbellosenforum

When John Elway introduced Vic Fangio as the team’s Head

in Beckenvorstellung 25.11.2019 02:54
von zhangzk • 158 Beiträge

Coach Derek Wolfe Jersey , he made this statement: That phrase “from the ground up” along with “death by inches” were the two themes from Fangio’s introductory press conference.It came up again when he was asked what would determined success in his first year as a head coach for the Broncos. Fangio replied: And again when going into detail about developing young players, the coach reiterated thatthe coaches must start “from the ground up”.Vic Fangio knows a thing or two about building things from the ground up. His last three years in Chicago are the ultimate example of that. The year before he joined the team, the Bears fielded the 30th ranked defense in total yards, and 31st ranked points per game. The roster Fangio inherited a roster that was one of the oldest in the NFL. The talent on defense consisted of a 33 year-old Jared Allen, an injured and 34 year-old Lance Briggs, a 31 year-old Tim Jennings, 34 year-old Jay Ratliff, and 32 year-old, oft-injured DJ Williams. As far as young talent to develop, he also inherited a parade of whiffed draft picks from the previous administration including failed 2012 first round pick, Shea McClellin; 2013 second round pick, Jon Bostic, who lost the training camp starting competition every year; and 2014 second and third round defensive linemen, Will Sutton and Ego Ferguson. Sutton now plays in the AAF, and Ferguson is a free agent.2014 first rounder, Kyle Fuller was the only piece on defense Fangio had to build from when he stepped into the Chicago defensive coordinator role in 2015. Just four seasons later, after steadily improving each year, the Bears would field the #1 defense in the NFL.How did he get there? By starting from the ground up, not only with the entire roster, but with each player as he began to bring in talent to develop. In a recent piece by Woody Paige in the Gazette, Fangio spoke to the joy he gets from teaching and developing players.That approach is exactly how Fangio built his defense in Chicago. The starting roster of that great 2018 defense who led the league with 36 takeaways, one of the best marks of the last five years, was built piece by piece by Fangio, his staff, and GM, Ryan Pace.2015The first draft out of the gate Max Garcia Jersey , added NT Eddie Goldman in the 2nd round, Safety, Adrian Amos (who I would love Denver to chase this offseason) in the 5th round, and signed nickel corner Bryce Callahan as an undrafted free agent, who has become one of the better nickel corners in the league over the last two years.2016The Bears signed Danny Trevathan and Akiem Hicks in free agency. While Trevathan had already broken out as a player, former New Orleans Saints 3rd rounder Hicks fits Fangio’s description of a player who it didn’t work out for his original team, and then reached their full potential under his tutelage. Hicks was traded to the Patriots in the last year of his rookie deal, and then signed to a two-year $10 million ‘prove it’ contract in Chicago. Since then, Hicks has become one of the top interior lineman in the NFL.Here’s what Hicks had to say about being coached by Fangio in Chicago: The Bears also picked up edge rusher, Leonard Floyd in the first round, and rotational defensive lineman Jonathan Bullard in the second.2017Corner Prince Amukamara was the next veteran reclamation project for Fangio and his staff, as Prince never fully lived up to his first round draft status with the New York Giants, and had spent the 2016 season as 3rd corner in Jacksonville on a one year $5.5 million contract. Amukamara was signed by the Bears for another one-year ‘prove it’ deal worth $7 million, and was re-signed to a three-year extension worth $27 million the next season. This was also the year the Bears selected safety Eddie Jackson in the 4th round, who has since taken the league by storm, becoming one of the top young safeties in the game.2018The stage was set for the final pieces to be added. The Bears drafted rookie sensation, Roquan Smith at linebacker in the first, and traded for edge rusher, Kalil Mack. The Bears also drafted defensive lineman, Bilal Nichols in the fifth round, who began to rotate in as a starter in base fronts mid-way through the season.This puts the tally for Fangio’s starting 2018 defense at three homegrown first round picks (Fuller, Floyd, Smith), two veteran reclamation projects (Amukamara, Hicks), two established player acquisitions (Trevathan Cheap Dalton Risner Jersey , Mack), a second round pick (Goldman), fourth round pick (Jackson), fifth round pick (Amos), and an undrafted free agent (Callahan).If you weren’t already excited about what Vic Fangio and his staff will do here in Denver, thisshould fire Broncos Country up about what is possible with them on board. While it struggled a bit last year, Denver’s defense already has much more talent than the Bears’ did when he took over in 2015. I’m looking forward to watching this staff teach and develop the players that are already here, while also infusing the team with new talent. Fangio’s already proven he can do it in this league. It’s almost time for him to get to work doing it in Denver. Chris Harris compared he and Von Miller to Shaq and Kobe. When asked who is who, Harris raised his hand and said, “I’m Shaq.”Shaq and Kobe eventually broke up, and it appears headed that way with Harris and Miller. The Broncso defenders are entering their ninth season together, but while Miller is signed to a long-term deal, Harris is in the final year of his contract.“I feel like this year I have even more of a chip on my shoulder,” Harris said, via Nicki Jhabvalaof TheAthletic.com. “If you’re not motivated in this league, I don’t know what kind of player you are. I don’t know if I want to play with you.”Harris missed much of the team’s offseason program while seeking a new deal. He didn’t get an extension, but Harris did return after the Broncos revised his deal for this season. The four-time Pro Bowler has his sights set on becoming the highest-paid player at his position. He needs to back up his talk with his play, duplicating what he did in 2016 when he made the All-Pro team.The Broncos have not decided how much nickel corner Harris will play, coach Vic Fangio said. But Harris does have some catching up to do. “He’s going to have to dive in and really learn the ins-and-outs of what we’re doing because he missed a couple months,” Fangio said, via Kyle Fredrickson of . “. . .He’s a little bit behind, and he’s got two positions to learn.”Harris said he’s all football, all the time, so it won’t take him long to get where he needs to be.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: MamiNini
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1303 Themen und 2183 Beiträge.